[lbo-talk] Anarchy in the USA ...

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jul 24 08:59:54 PDT 2003

An interesting sketch of the start of an argument, but it needs a lot of work.

If I were writing it, I would ditch the references to Plato. The view that he was a supporter of authoritarian government is an old one, but a lot of Plato scholars would dispute it, and I tend to agree with them.

I would devote most of the argument to fleshing out the reasons for thinking that Godwin's view of anarchy is "workable." A one-paragraph quote is hardly enough, especially since it is a rather superficial criticism of government, not an argument in favor of anarchy.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org ________________________________ How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy. -- Nietzsche