[lbo-talk] FW: [Colours of Resistance] FYI: Threat issued against APOC conferenceattendees

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Sun Jul 27 11:10:14 PDT 2003

-----Original Message----- From: Ernesto Aguilar <may19x at yahoo.com> Sent: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:50:42 -0700 (PDT) To: colours at lists.mutualaid.org Subject: [Colours of Resistance] FYI: Threat issued against APOC conferenceattendees

Threat issued against APOC conference attendees

In the spirit of open dialogue, conference attendees should be aware that a threat was recently issued by an anonymous individual, and that common-sense security is encouraged.

Postings by a person going by the pseudonym "RedLibertad" (redlibertad at hotmail.com; reportedly Filipino; an activist with the Red and Anarchist Action Network) states an intent to attend the conference and implies violence against attendees at http://www.livejournal.com/users/redlibertad/.

While some of his criticism of the event is derogatory (he changes a speech by Adolf Hitler into a "Draft proposal for the APOC conference"), he's entitled to say as he likes. Threats, however, are not acceptable. In one of his posts, he expresses a desire to "put on a workshop" in which he will "crush all the imperialist dogma those fucks at the APOC conference talk about." He adds "I think I'm gonna call up eminem, tell him to storm the event, and then start boxin my way out the door... If I do end up doing a workshop at this thing, I'm gonna feel like I failed unless someone wants to box."

Implications of violence against people attending the conference should be taken seriously, and all attendees are encouraged to exercise common-sense security at all times. Be wary of those attempting to provoke physical confrontations. Those who may have heard of other threats against the conference or attendees should get in touch.

[NOTE: Supporters have said they've tried to get this notice out (because it's a threat of violence that conference attendees should know about) via A-Infos and Infoshop to no avail. Thus, I ask that you please share this with others attending the conference to make sure they are aware. Thanks.]

__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ Colours mailing list Colours at lists.mutualaid.org http://lists.mutualaid.org/mailman/listinfo/colours free hosting provided by http://www.mutualaid.org/