[lbo-talk] OP ED: Getting Mad and Getting Even

staff staff at bushoccupation.com
Mon Jul 28 20:41:51 PDT 2003

Getting Mad and Getting Even

Copyright 2003 By E. O'Connell Rights to circulation, broadcast and publication granted to recipient.

So you hate what Dubya is doing to the country.

You hate the lies that sold the war. You predicted we'd win the war, and lose the peace. You were right. Now they're telling you to shut up.

Your insight isn't patriotic.

You knew more about the impossible post-war scenario after fifteen minutes of google searches than the administration did during the run up to war. Now shut up and cheer, we're assassinating the murderers to prove to the Iraqis that political murder and assassination are wrong, and there is nothing ironic or funny about that. Really.

You hate the tax cuts for 'all Americans' that only benefit the filthy rich.

You hate the fact that Bush has given your social security trust fund away to his campaign contributors.

You hate the fact that Cheney and Company are war-profiteering to the tune of millions and millions of dollars, fattening at the public trough while they bleed the country dry at a rate of 4 billion dollars a month. Four billion a month.

Four billion a month.

You hate the endless, media-endorsed, un-repudiated neo-con lie.

So what are you going to do about it? Some suggestions:

1. Focus your vocal efforts on swing voters. Regan democrats. True Libertarians. And conservatives who you think might have the moral courage to see through the lie being fed them by their own lunatic fringe. Stop talking to liberals who will vote for the democrat, to any Greens who still laugh about Al Gore costing Nader the election, and to diehard brainwashed GOPocrits. Let them go.

2. Be informed, be passionate, be idealistic. The default polite American position, when confronted with political differences, is to laugh, "ah well, they're all the same. What are you going to do? Politics doesn't mater. The system is broken."

Don't do this.

The democrats have inherited every sane centrist position on every issue. The GOP is left with a tissue of patent lies, stealth bigotry and organized xenophobia. There is no honorable opposition anymore; they are all lying opportunistic hypocritical murderous constitution-raping scum, or pathetic self-hating brainwashed white-trash feebs.

3. Step outside your comfort zone. Wear shirts and buttons and use bumper stickers that identify your resistance, and look people in the eye and tell them you are a patriotic American in love with the US of A, the constitution, and the god-damned rule of law. Memorize a dozen embarrassing facts and torture casual Bush supporters with them--constantly. Make them feel like idiots for supporting the jerk. The GOPocrits can dish it out, but they can't take it. Keep your cool, know your facts, and you will win every time. Attack from the right. Quote Safire at them. Quote retired Generals. Quote Bush's campaign speeches.

4. Personally attack the President's character every chance you get to everyone who listens, backing up your disgust with rock hard fact. Recent pollsters conjecture that the presidents support, in the face of opposition to his actual polices and the deepening quagmire in Iraq, stems from his personal appeal. IE, the lies sold to the American People by the GOP owned and operated media about Bush's alleged character; about how 911 made him grow up and find God and Be Powerful and Compassionate and Jesus-like.

It's all a load of horseshit. The man used 911 to pander for his ruinous tax cuts like a five dollar whore. He's blocked investigation into the 911 intelligence failure, most likely due to the fact that the actions that would have kept us safe sat unlooked at on his desk while he took another in a series of record setting vacations. He has coddled the Saudis, the nation behind the 911 attacks, and sheltered the true criminals from any sort of punishment for the crime of killing 3000 Americans.

Bush never grew up. One could easily infer from the facts in the public record that is a criminal sociopath, in love with murder and death. "Bring it on!" he exulted in a press conference, inciting violence in Iraq against the troops sent to secure oil for his criminal cabal. "Please don't kill me," he giggled about executing fellow evangelical Christian Carla Fay Tucker.

If we can't destroy the public's perception of the character of this man, we deserve to lose.

5. Give money to institutions dedicated to attacking Bush's "character" and credibility; to democratic party candidates who are willing to say that the president mislead the nation; to independent media efforts buying attack ads. I said, give money. Money. You, give money. Now.

Money. We can buy back this country--it is still for sale. They haven't stopped the bidding. Yet.

Oh, they are fixing the voting machines as we speak, (www.blackboxvoting.com) packing the courts with troglodytes, looting the treasury, and inciting the world into an orgy of anti-American hatred. When were you going to send money to a candidate? Next election? Get it through your head, if we don't win this one, that's it, game over.

There will not be another election if we lose this time.

Oh, and if you're not a total wuss, you might consider buying my "Bush Lies" t-shirt. :-) Or, if you wish, you can continue being a wuss, and work in a privately owned prison-slave factory complex in a few years, and wear the orange jumpsuit they give you there. They may also give clothing to the folks in the concentration camps that aren't concentration camps because nobody calls them concentration camps. Maybe you'll get a shirt there.

Your choice. It's a free country. For the moment.

***

Bush Lies t-shirt: White and red on black. It's black, so it's more flattering on older, wiser, fatter activists, and it doesn't show stains like the white does. We're taking pre-orders now at discounted rates.

http://www.bushoccupation.com/bushlies_preorder.html

This is a special, limited time offer. The shirts will be printed in the next two weeks, and shipped first class, hot off the presses, with an email note to let you know the day they are on their way.