[lbo-talk] The Guardian - Energy's Moribund Tendencies

Nomiprins at aol.com Nomiprins at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 13:24:31 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/29/2003 3:29:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cgrimes at rawbw.com writes:

> But the other sector I am personally interested in are the equally
> phenomenal swindles, frauds, collusions, and outrages that interlock
> the whole `health' care industry.

We're on the same page again. the health care sector, and its companion, the insurance industry, deserves a highly detailed full blown exposure and beating. Healthsouth's fraud was only the tip of the iceberg.

Just before I had to leave investment banking, I dealt with an insurance company upset by the fact that too many AIDS patients were living past their 'sell-by dates' (their term, not mine). They couldn't profit on death in the same manner they had grown accustomed to and sought transactions that would recoup some of their 'living losses'. A scary business.

nomi -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030729/ff5b9760/attachment.htm>