[lbo-talk] Stalin Wanted John Wayne Axed

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 06:21:31 PDT 2003

> There's a decades-old Wayne speech that's been making the rounds for
> quite a few years now, in which a drunken Duke, speaking to a group of
> R.O.T.C. recruits, offers up a sexist slam at Columbia University,
> grumbles about the general state of things (and some "excrement" in a
> wastebasket), and urges the fine young men he's speaking to to "take
> over" and put things right (so to speak).
>
> I managed to google an unfortunately semi-bleeped version here:
>
> http://www.kfan.com/audio/jinglebank/pt_wayne.mp3
>
> / dave /

This is great. Thanks for posting it.

Is there any video or audio available of Vanessa Redgrave's Oscar denunciation of "Zionist hoodlums," or Bert Schneider and Peter Davis reading the telegram from the Provisional Revolutionary Government of Vietnam after they won for "Hearts and Minds"? Both raised, shall we say, a bit of ruckus, esp the latter, where Bob Hope and John Wayne heckled the pair.

DP