[lbo-talk] Elite Institutions/SATs

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 10:47:35 PDT 2003

Oh, just great. You defend the SAT, which measures literally _nothing_, because it is crude approximation to IQ tests, which measure the mythical "G," utterly discredited by all but the true believers (except in its orginal role of identifying or ruling out people who might need special help), in the forlorn hope that other intellectual capacities that we cannot also measure are "correlated" with each other, though how we know this if we cannot measure them is anybody's guess. Ferchrissake, Luke, you should be able to see throgh this series of fallacies and errors. It's embarrasing to see you humiliate yourself in this way.

jks

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/95sep/ets/grtsort2.htm).