[lbo-talk] Poll: Bush's Summer Doldrums Are About Over

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 07:56:01 PDT 2003

Well, I hope you're right. But it seems to me that Bush has a very low threshold for re-election. He just needs to stop or reduce the killings of U.S. soldiers in Iraq, and to extract a mild stimulus from the tax cuts. Neither may happen, but if I was Karl Rove, I'd be pretty confident they might.

Failed hawkish policies often rebound to the benefit of the failers. Every horrible thing the left said would happen because of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza has happened, and yet it is the left that has suffered the most from these catastrophes.

Quebec City is very nice, if you don't mind winter and can learn a little French. If a slower pace of life is your preference, try Nova Scotia.