[lbo-talk] Kill all the lawyers

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jul 31 09:24:07 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Lawyers suck. Lawyers are evil. Lawyers are right wing
> scum. Lawyers should be dragged out in the street,
> castrated or otherwise mutilated, and slowly hanged.
> Lawyers are arrigant, greedy, dishonest, vile. Lawyers
> are terrible. Anyone can do better what lawyers do.
> all they do is monopolize and complicate things that
> are really very simple. Lawyers are shits.

Amen! I spent the morning in court today, where I lost my trial over unpaid rent. The lawyer for my landlords is actually pretty nice and helpful, but it sucked to watch all the other lawyers in action. I really loved the case before mine, which I call the "Case of the Overcharged Copying," which involved a law firm suing a company that had the balls to charge them $1 a page for copying some papers.

One thing I've learned from the last three months of fighting in the courts is that if everybody simply bothered to show up whenever they were subject to legal proceedings, the entire system would shut down because of the overload. The legal system functions because lawyers show up for cases and defendents don't (at least in small claims court).

Chuck0