[lbo-talk] James Woods is an idiot

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Jul 31 11:13:33 PDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 at 1:29pm Luke Weiger wrote:

> http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2003/07/31/woods/index.html

(aren't they supposed to be out of money and dead?)

what a whiney crybaby. what a lot drivel.

this reminded me perfectly of the duller dittohead rightwingers i've met on listservs. the habit of lumping all 'liberals' in the same box and attributing views to them is perfect -- i've just never seen a grown up do it before. this little exchange is choice:

(Q is the interviewer)

Q: Right, didn't you just say --

A: Well, he shoved a cigar in some girl's vagina. Your hero literally did that. But if someone said, for instance, George Bush is a child molester, that's not a fact, and that's rude. It's irresponsible and unconscionable. So obviously, when people say those things, the only time I take exception is when people say irresponsible, unconscionable and rude things, OK? So if you say George Bush is a "moron," then back it up with facts, because otherwise you're a rude and probably pretty moronic person yourself.

Q: I never said that.