[lbo-talk] James Woods is an idiot

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 31 16:25:43 PDT 2003

> > Wait a minute. Are you guys implying that there
> is
> > more than ONE Batman? Are there multiple Robins
> as
> > well? What about Alfred?
> >
> > -Thomas

Forget now if I saw this a decade ago in, "Fag Rag, " a Boston gay magazine that had an irregular publishing schedule or some cultural studies text but, the author laid out a good case for Batman and Robin as lovers. http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,54364,00.html
>...While gay characters are fairly new, alleged gay
subtexts aren't. Critics began complaining about gay content in the comics shortly after Batman and Robin started shacking up in a mansion above Gotham City. In the 1954 book Seduction of the Innocent http://www.dereksantos.com/comicpage/presilver.html , a Bellevue Hospital psychiatrist claimed he knew how to read between the lines in the Batman comic books.

He pointed out that Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, the alter egos of Batman and Robin, lived together in a "sumptuous" home with a butler and lots of pretty flowers in vases.

"It is like a wish-dream of two homosexuals living together," the author wrote, adding that Robin often walked around with his bare legs spread apart, exposing his crotch... (See James Gilbert on "juvenile delinquincy" in the 50's in, "A Cycle of Outrage: America's Reaction to the Juvenile Delinquent in the 1950's.")

And, somewhere on the hard drive of my former computer is a photoshop jpeg of Capt. Kirk and Dr. Spock doing the wild thaang.

NASA/TREK - Constance Penley ... In this context, Constance Penley discusses the phenomenom of 'slasher' fiction, the self-published rewriting of Star Trek as gay pornography by (mainly) women ... http://www.geocities.com/redgiantsite/nasatrek.htm http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/8022/Changes.html http://www.disinfo.com/pages/dossier/id444/pg1/ http://www.webpan.com/dsinclair/idic.doc http://www.levity.com/markdery/borg.html

Michael Pugliese