[lbo-talk] Tooth fairy for dummies WAS Re: Markets and the tooth fairy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 31 16:13:32 PDT 2003

Jordan Hayes wrote:

>Not sure what you mean by this, but certainly bankrupt stocks (i.e.,
>stocks whose "value" is presumed to be zero)

Speaking of which, in looking up TheGlobe.com's price history in order to make fun of market wisdom, I discovered it's had a nice run-up in recent months <http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TGLO.OB&d=c&t=5y&l=on&z=b&q=l>. It's like the cartoon in a recent issue of Grant's Interest Rate Observer - man sitting beside the bed telling is (presumed) wife, "Honey! Wake up! It's 1999 again!"

Doug