[lbo-talk] Hitchens inches toward saying he was wrong

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 10:30:55 PDT 2003

Incoherent is right. What exactly is he trying to say? The invasion was right b/c SH was bad, WMD not withstanding, also the invasion of Afghanistan was OK b/c the Taliban was bad. That's clear enough. But we shouldn't rule Iraq. We should turn it over to the Iraqis so that the local version of theTaliban can impose some sort of order, and then we can invade them agains to make them free. That seems to be the size of ot. Ot am I missing something? jks

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:Michael Pollak wrote:

>He's churlish and begrudging about it, but still: Bremer's Kissinger
>connection seems to have unnerved him:
>
>http://slate.msn.com/id/2083643/

Wow. That's not a very coherent piece of writing. He's no longer making much sense. What's his brand identity now that he's no longer a renegade leftist?