[lbo-talk] Lukashenko & Belarus

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Jun 3 00:39:47 PDT 2003

Subject: [lbo-talk] Lukashenko & Belarus

Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net>

Charles: A problem with replying to what you say below is that you are mixing the CPUSA with the CPSU or CPRF or CPBelarus

Are you saying that leaders of the CPUSA gave a platform to anti-Semites ? Are you saying that leaders of the CPUSA were, unlike the rank and file of the party, not nice, not open hearted, not passionate ? That this gap between the rank and file and the leaders is typical of Stalinism ? But not found in social democratic parties ? --- He's not saying anything. He's reacting in Pavlovian fashion to the word "Communist." A Communist Party is a Bad Party. I doubt very seriously, in fact I would be stunned to find out, that Pugliese has ever actually read the program of the KPRF. He seems to treat like he would a splinter sect in the US, i.e., those political organizations with which he is familiar, instead of treating it as what it is, a huge umbrella organization that gets 30-40% of the vote.

Oh wait, I forgot. Those 30-40% of the population must all be anti-Semites.