[lbo-talk] Reform and annihilation

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Jun 3 01:47:55 PDT 2003

From: Thiago Oppermann <thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com>

It's as if it were acceptable to totalise Gypsie culture as dysfunctional on the grounds that they beg and thieve (always forgetting the Django Reinharts...) But no one would get away with suggesting that the entirety of American culture should be exterminated, that American children should be distributed to more sensible cultures, on the grounds that Americans are far worse thieves and murderers than the Gypsies. --- I don't think Gypsy culture should be wiped out. I think they should give their children the option of a better way of life (of course, this means what _I_ think is a better way of life). I do not think parents drugging their children so they make better beggars is OK.