[lbo-talk] Chomsky

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 4 09:40:03 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> [clip] successful marketing calls for building
> a smaller but very loyal base.

Exactly what I've been arguing for years on this list: that at any given time we only reach those who in some important way already agree with us. This is always greeted by mindless catcalls to the effect that I only want to talk to ideological purists or something like that. But the only way to reach those who _don't_ already agree with us is to reach those who do agree and who personally know others who don't.

Carrol