[lbo-talk] Wolfowitz Speaks Plainly: Oil Was The Prime Motivation

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Wed Jun 4 17:06:41 PDT 2003

Seth Ackerman wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks this is being unfair to Wolfowitz? The way
> read it, he's saying North Korea, having no oil, will collapse of its
own
> weight, whereas Saddam's regime could have lived off its oil forever,
thus
> necessitating an invasion.

Dennis responded:
> Another thing -- if this is what Wolfie meant, then you have to believe
> that his and W's main concerns are human rights, political freedom, and
> battling monsters who, if given room to breathe, will overrun us in
time.

No, you don't. It does, however, mean that regional domination does not directly translate as "blood for oil." Seth's made that point before, persuasively in my opinion.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!