[lbo-talk] Re: 14 characteristics of fascism

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Jun 5 19:02:16 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Of course it makes a difference who's in the WH. I'll
> bet about 80% of the world's population would agree.
> But you & Yoshie can't admit that, so you've got to
> change the subject. I have no illusions about what a
> Democratic president would accomplish. But it would
> almost certainly make things slightly less bad. It
> would also encourage the development of more
> radical politics - it happened in the 60s, and it
> happened in the 90s too. Right now, the U.S. state
> is in the hands of the most reactionary, bellicose,
> and repressive gang in living memory. It's like
> Michael Savage's id is occupying 1600.

But Savage sees no difference between the two parties, either. He worries Bush might have been too soft on Iraq, and is too compassionate with not enough conservative. He thinks the administration is caving into us Red Diaper Doper Babies because of the assualt rifle ban, inadequate support for Santorum, and, this is the big one, AIDS money for Africa. He thinks we should just parachute zippers into Africa to solve the crisis.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!