Subject: [lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 13:14:05 PDT 2003

The Soviet nomenklatura lived like the American upper middle classes -- sort of like me, equivalent of a nice house in the burbs or an OK apt in the city, a dacha in the country, a couple cars, a housekeeper (I don't have the dacha or the housekeeper myself, but I suppose I could afford them in principle.) Therewas nothing like the disparity of wealth or luxury between ordinary workers and the American super rich, some of whom I knew from college. jks

Barkley Rosser <rosserjb at jmu.edu> wrote:They were running around in Zils. At the top, they were living pretty well. Anybody want a free plane ride to Sochi? Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "ChrisD(RJ)" To: Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 4:04 AM Subject: Subject: [lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

> From: Michael Pugliese
>
> Instead,
> nationalization of the MOP, by a State-Party Apparatus that had congealed
> into a new Ruling Class, with all the economic and social privileges that
> our Rulers grab for themselves and their families.
> ^^^^^
>
> To say that the Soviet nomenklatura had anything approaching the economic
> and social priviliges of Western elites is quite mad. They went to special
> shops and could buy Western goods. They weren't rolling around in
Mercedes.