[lbo-talk] RE: Soviet nomenklatura privileges

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:40:33 PDT 2003

>From: "Barkley Rosser" <rosserjb at jmu.edu>
>To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>
>Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] RE: Soviet nomenklatura privileges
>Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:27:34 -0400
>
> But they are not going out and voting for the Communist
>Party. The degree of irony partly depends on how far into
>downtown Moscow one is. They can get pretty ironic inside
>the Garden Ring, just like in Manhatten.
>Barkley Rosser

As to your last point, yeah. I'm not thinking about Metelitsa or Justo (elite Moscow clubs, for anyone who doesn't know; Metelitsa is a tacky mob hangout, and Justo is a party-kid crowd). I'm thinking of the average kid on the street, someone you'ld see at an open-air rock festival. Actually, it is quite cool among some young kids to join the KPRF -- it is risque and makes you stand out. I know a 23-year-old who is a member.

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail