[lbo-talk] Hitch does standup

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 12:07:14 PDT 2003

Jeff's got my meaning. Luke, if you're gonna be a lawyer, you are going to have to learn to live with a level of ambiguity and contradiction that as a philosopher you would find intolerable. "The life of the law has not been logic, it has been experience." It's not that in a suitable sense, Alterboy doesn't believe his liberal platitudes, that is, hold them true. He does. But he doesn't hold them TRUE! the way, e.g., Bill O'Reilly does his right wing ones, he would not kill for them. O'Reilly would. That's the difference. jks

Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org> wrote: On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 12:34 PM, lweiger at umich.edu wrote:

> --On Monday, June 09, 2003 10:28 AM -0700 andie nachgeborenen
> wrote:
>

>> But the center right believes its own rubbish.
>
> We all believe our own rubbish. No way to avoid it, other than
> remaining an agnostic on all the unresolved questions.

not to speak for justin, but imo, you missed his point. see the yeats quote. alterman doesn't *even* believe his own rubbish. that's why he gets his ass kicked.