[lbo-talk] Emailer setting request

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 08:39:32 PDT 2003

Old Cuba joke. Cabinet formation meeting in 1960, Fidel says, Oh, and we need someone to be the Finance Minister, anyone here an economist? Me! says Che, from behind a cloud of cigar smoke. Great, says Fidel, you take that portfolio. After the meeting, Fidel days, You're amazing, guerilla fighter, physician, author -- I didn't know you were an economist, too! An economist!? says Che. I thought you said, a communist!

jks

Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, martin schiller wrote:

> I've been trying to imagine a government composed of list members. Doug
> Henwood is the minister of information. Miles as minister of culture.
> Justin as minister of justice.

Actually, I kinda like Dennis R. as minister of culture. Yoshie, minister of information, and Carrol (who else?), minister of education. Doug, minister of economic planning, and I concur, JKS has to be minister of justice. Me, I'll stick with the anarchists on this one: ministers will eventually be corrupted by power. We don't need 'em.

Miles