[lbo-talk] i'm a parasite, you're a parasite, wouldn't ya like to be a parasite too?!

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 09:38:02 PDT 2003

Now, I have a headache.

"As Schopenhauer pointed out..."

This is really all the quotation necessary to understand the source of this still-living-in-mom's-basement nurtured, fevered nightmare.

But, I've encountered this crap, in pretty much the same form, before...

During my teenage years, one of my friends was a fellow who talked very much like this. On and on he would go about 'the nature of women'. He wasn't an anti-semite, as the author of this thing seems to be, but the whole, mad, complex of speechifying on 'the mind of women' was a prominent part of his thinking.

Unsurprisingly, Schopenhauer was his mentor too.

One day, as a group of us sat around listening to him (through gritted teeth - it was too much even for our 17 year old brains), another friend, very popular with young women, remarked that our grand theoretician attracted a total of "zero dates" and seemed to have no empirical evidence to support his ideas.

"You can't even find a girl who'll kiss you," he said "what can you possibly know?" Which brought the lot of us to the floor with laughter.

Needless to say, that was the last time we heard his wacky, misogynist ideas.

Here's a choice bit from a bio of Schopenhauer at http://www.blupete.com/Literature/Biographies/Philosophy/Schopenhauer.htm

>Schopenhauer was "a lonely, violent and unbefriended
>man, who shared his bachelor's existence with a
>poodle...

This sums it up nicely. Apparently, the personal is indeed the political.

DRM