[lbo-talk] OT: creativity caps

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Thu Jun 12 09:30:52 PDT 2003

thanks for all the toponyms. i'll compile a list when all entries have been submitted.

as some of you know, i write the questions for the Defcon (a hacker conference) trivia game. I've got a category of what are--boy do i feel old!--fairly obscure questions about things that were ubiquitous among geeks in the 80s and early 90s but have fallen into disuse.

Yanoff list anyone? :) Joel Furr?

I want to name the category something that plays on the expression, "Back in my day, I used to walk five miles to school through snow drifts 5 feet high." The point, of course, would be to adapt the expression to Internet/Computing.

My brain is fried from trying to come up with hard questions that are also risque and clever so Vinyl Vanna has a pretext for sitting on laps.

Thoughts?

BTW, I have a category for "Real Geeks Know Real Acronyms" which is for REAL pronounceable initialisms. If you have a favorite, especially if they are obscure AND relate to sex in some way...

Kelley