[lbo-talk] OT: creativity caps

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:07:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Kelley wrote:

> BTW, I have a category for "Real Geeks Know Real Acronyms" which is for
> REAL pronounceable initialisms. If you have a favorite, especially if they
> are obscure AND relate to sex in some way...
>
> Kelley

This is geeky, but perhaps not sexy enough: the old modem connection language (at codes: ATZ = set modem registers to default values). I bet many of these geeks use DSL and cable, and haven't thought about these modem codes for years. And on second thought, sure it's sexy to manipulate your connection protocol--isn't it?

Miles