[lbo-talk] Notes on the UFPJ Conference (June 6-8, Chicago)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 13 15:01:45 PDT 2003

>Thanks for this useful, illuminating report, Yoshie.
>
>ANSWER really needs some emergency PR assistance! Any (non-Jewish)
>group organizing a protest against the Israeli occupation on Rosh
>Hashanah is smoking unbelievably big rocks. I wonder what would have
>been so hard about simply picking a different day.
>
>Liza

I heard it on the Solidarity grapevine that the date of the protest was proposed by ANSWER's international allies. That's probably true. I just checked the UK Stop the War Coalition website at <http://www.stopwar.org.uk/> and saw the banner advertising "the Next International Demonstration" that reads thus (with two logos omitted): ________________________________________
| Stop End the Occupation Demo |
| the War of Iraq & Palestine 27 Sept|
|Coalition |

I have no information about whether the date provoked in the UK the sort of controversy that I observed at the UFPJ conference. -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>