[lbo-talk] spam subjects

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jun 18 05:04:57 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 at 7:01pm Michael Pollak wrote:

> But when it comes to cleaning up one's own mailbox,
> technology works pretty well, as you yourself said at the
> outset, no?

no, i didn't. i said using these tools was better than not using them and i commented on how i'd gotten false postives to an acceptable level, i haven't eliminated spam in my inbox by any stretch. (and that is filtering on a spamass score of 5.0, with modified pr0n rules that give 4 pts for any pr0n related hits.)

lately, i've been getting joe-jobbed a lot more than usual. well there's not a lot you can do about that, unless you're willing to ignore all bounce messages. as i said in the message to which you are replying, the battle just continues to escalate...

> And although I admit it's coldhearted and snobbish,
> somehow I just can't get upset about lamers being
> tormented by spammers.

well yeah, if everybody used pine or mutt, the world would be a much happier place!

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"