[lbo-talk] spam subjects

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jun 17 16:01:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, budge wrote:

> there will never be a technological solution to the social problem that
> is spam.

Well there certainly won't be to your problem. You and Matt have an inherently impossible task. You're an interface between spammers and lamers.

But when it comes to cleaning up one's own mailbox, technology works pretty well, as you yourself said at the outset, no? Nobody's asked me about my p3nis in months.

And although I admit it's coldhearted and snobbish, somehow I just can't get upset about lamers being tormented by spammers. They seem to deserve each other. I'm sorry their intercourse has to make your life miserable. But that's why they pay you the medium bucks, no? :o)

Michael