[lbo-talk] Orrin Hatch supports terrorism

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jun 18 05:07:46 PDT 2003

here's my fave:

"If we can find some way to do this without destroying their machines, we'd be interested in hearing about that," Hatch said. "If that's the only way, then I'm all for destroying their machines. If you have a few hundred thousand of those, I think people would realize the seriousness of their actions," he said.

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6241-2003Jun17.html>

Hatch Takes Aim at Illegal Downloading By TED BRIDIS, AP, 17 June 2003; 5:22 PM http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6241-2003Jun17.html

WASHINGTON - The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee said Tuesday he favors developing new technology to remotely destroy the computers of people who illegally download music from the Internet.

The surprise remarks by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, during a hearing on copyright abuses represent a dramatic escalation in the frustrating battle by industry executives and lawmakers in Washington against illegal music downloads.

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"