[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at enterprize.net.au
Wed Jun 18 07:54:08 PDT 2003

At 10:27 AM -0400 18/6/03, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>I have zero sympathy towards anyone who committed such an act - period.
>So what that he "reformed himself" in the prison. Millions of people
>work hard to "reform themselves" to get out of their addictions, mental
>disorders, bad habits and so on, and nobody gives two shits about them.
>Why is it, then, that a murderous scumbug suddenly becomes a media
>celebrity when he "reforms himself"?

Do you also define yourself by the very worst thing you have ever done? Or would you admit that you might be a slightly better person than that on the whole?

Prison is, I imagine, an environment unlikely to foster redemption. But the human spirit can sometimes overcome immense adversity. Or so I prefer to believe, call me an optimist.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas