[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Jun 18 19:59:15 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett at enterprize.net.au> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 10:31 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

> Bottom line is, I put a much higher value on human life for the very
selfish reason that I am a
> human. As a result, I take a dim view of your insinuation that killing a
human being is no
> worse than killing cows, or chickens, or sheep.

You speciesist, you. (I only partially jest: as Peter Singer has argued, this line of argument has little more going for it than that of the racist who claims that he should be allowed to prefer his own kind because, well, because they're his own kind.)

-- Luke