[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Jun 19 09:43:12 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett at enterprize.net.au> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 12:35 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

> A blowfly may share 80% of the same genes as me, but that is meaningless.
Mein Kampf
> largely shares the same alphabet as the UN Declaration of Human Rights,
but the characters > are arranged quite differently.

That is, actually, an excellent analogy.

> But to spell it out for you, the difference between a human and a blowfly,
or even a chimp, is > that humans have the inherent capacity to SHARE a set of values.

Well, there are other primates who share this capacity and there are human beings that don't.

-- Luke