[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Hilary Russ hilarious4 at msn.com
Thu Jun 19 09:51:35 PDT 2003

From: "Michael Pollak" Did you ever see your boyfriend or any of his friends wearing
> white shirts and black pants, or black checks or two-tone shoes?
>
> Now that I think about it, when I met them, it was the girl skinheads who
> were really into the black/white clothing thing -- they looked like a
> collective Escher sketch they were so covered with it, once you noticed
> it. Perhaps besides caring more about fashion in general, they were
> making up for not actually having skinned heads :o)

Plus what fun is it to be punk rock, skin, or alternative unless you get to focus on fashion? In St. Louis it was much more important to *look* radical than to *do* anything radical.

My ex wore the typical black flight jacket with tons of black and white patches. And then there was something special about the color of laces you wore in your tall Doc Martens: white meant one thing, red another. Can't remember which was which.

The girl skinhead style was to have super, super short hair all over except for bangs in the front and long pieces down the sides in the front. They cut it close but kept it girlie. In fact, it was like the opposite of a mullet, which is all business up front but a party in the back.

Look under "businessmullet" at: www.mulletsgalore.com