[lbo-talk] Dean: hang 'em high!

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jun 19 09:16:08 PDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Hilary Russ wrote:

> I dated an anti-racist skinhead (in college, of course) who always
> claimed that anti-racists were the real skins and the nazi skins were
> imposters. They called themselves SHARPs, SkinHeads Against Racial
> Prejudice. They were heavy into ska and reggae and liked to fight the
> racist skins whenever they could

That's right, I forgot that -- the two-tones I met also called themselves Sharps. Did you ever see your boyfriend or any of his friends wearing white shirts and black pants, or black checks or two-tone shoes?

Now that I think about it, when I met them, it was the girl skinheads who were really into the black/white clothing thing -- they looked like a collective Escher sketch they were so covered with it, once you noticed it. Perhaps besides caring more about fashion in general, they were making up for not actually having skinned heads :o)

Michael