[lbo-talk] McKinney never said it

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jun 19 19:15:31 PDT 2003

well she did say this:

http://www.counterpunch.org/mckinney0918.html

The conspiranoia re: 9-11 is manifest.

I wrote about this for some time, last summer and fall. FOr a while I defended her on the grounds that everyone has the right to be stupid once in a while. The article above convinced me she had gone over quota.

She was certainly treated unfairly in the election, whatever she did say. I wrote about that too. But in the end her biggest problems are self-inflicted. That doesn't make her a bad person, but it did make her a bad leader.

Perhaps she can get her sh*t together and make some kind of comeback. The first step is admitting you screwed up.

mbs

<http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=229&row=1>

The Screwing of Cynthia McKinney By Greg Palast, AlterNet