[lbo-talk] McKinney never said it

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 07:01:00 PDT 2003

No, not good enough Shane. We can fairly presume that the USG is Up To No Good, and that its lying if its lips are moving. But the difference between healthy suspicion and crackpottery is that the former does not entail giving even a little antecedent credibility to unproven specific charges. Without at least probable cause, we don't even say such things if we want to remain sane and moderately credible. It's part of the higher standards imposed on our side by the fact that we lack power. jks

Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:Max asks:

>"not proven untrue" is a pretty low standard, isn't it?

Not when the [even implied] accusation is against a gang with the exclusive power to reveal or suppress the proof.

cheers, Shane