[lbo-talk] Black (and Asian) in the USSR

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 20 08:36:28 PDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:53:50 -0400, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

alot, I'll reply after errands... but, on this, CB" "There was absolutely nothing whatsoever good about the USSR; here are 300 citations to books and articles proving it " Why must you portray me as some kind of clone of the Richard Pipes who wrote, " Survival Is Not Enough : Soviet Realities And America's Future, " published in 1984? It is as baseless as what Zizek re: Bukharin Trial pointed out http://www.bard.edu/hrp/zizekessay2.htm on the ridiculous charges that there was a Bukharinite/"Trotskyite"/Nazi- Fascist Conspiracy. And, heh, I do have a key, F13, it automatically types, "Stalinist." Saves time. F666 is , "The Collected Works of M.J. Olgin: Volume 9:"Trotskyism: Counter-Revolution In Disguise, "Workers Library, 1935. I have my copy of the pamphlet next to that great work of scholarship, the Short Course History of the CPSU(B). I rememind you of bthe chapter in , "Stalin and the European Communists, " by Paulo Spriono, Verso Books, on the canonical Short Course. (Was still being read in 1983, a classmate of mine at UCSC, who along w/ his best friend who joined PLP, read it as part of their cadrification.) Spriono was the official historian of the Italian Communist Party.