[lbo-talk] Ambiguous Doug

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 26 13:09:58 PDT 2003

From: "Chris Doss"

I believe the quote was originally from Leibniz: "Why is there anything rather than nothing, as nothing is far simpler and easier to understand?"

Heidegger was right. That is THE central philosophical question, though irrelevant for human existence. ^^^^^^ CB: I don't see how the central philosophical question can be irrelevant for human existence. I mean I could see how this question might be irrelevant for human existence, maybe, but I don't see then how it could be the central philosophical question. The central philosophical question has got to have something to do with human existence, doesn't it ?

What's the answer to the question , by the way ?