[lbo-talk] Ambiguous Doug

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 13:24:44 PDT 2003

The late Bill Hicks on spirituality & drugs:

"How about a positive LSD story. That would be newsworthy. Don't you think? Anybody think that? Just once, to hear a positive LSD story. 'Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves ... here's Tom with the weather.' "

"I believe that God left certain drugs growing naturally upon our planet to help speed up and facilitate our evolution. OK, not the most popular idea ever expressed. Either that, or you're all real high and agreeing with me in the only way you can right now." (Starts blinking.)

DP