[lbo-talk] Ho Ho

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 09:17:55 PDT 2003

Couldn't help pass this along. In his latest blast, this time against John Kerry, Hitchens finds yet another deceased ally in the War on Terror:

". . .[A]nd not even the most Stalinized of the Vietnamese leadership ever ran a regime, or proposed an ideology, as vile as that of Saddam Hussein. Indeed, Ho Chi Minh in 1945 modeled his declaration of independence on the words of Thomas Jefferson, appealed for American help against France, and might have got it if FDR had lived. Uncle Ho shared in the delusion that there could be an anti-colonial and anti-dictatorial empire. If that is indeed a delusion. ."

<http://slate.msn.com/id/2084753/>

So now Uncle Ho is on board, along with Toms Jefferson and Paine, and of course Orwell and Trotsky and, I believe, Marx. I fully expect the Great Emancipator to crawl out of his grave and join the party, tipping his hat to Hitch who pours Honest Abe a drink. And then who . . .?

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030629/8037e6c2/attachment.htm>