[lbo-talk] A Call from the Maoists of Iran

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 29 21:35:34 PDT 2003

Can you engage in any critique of maoism? Say, like, Samir Amin? The Future of Maoism, 1981. Monthly Review Press.

Of the GLF in which millions starved?

The GPCR in which millions were killed?

Tienanmen Square in which hundreds were shot?

The CCP, which should really be called a Red Bourgeoisie leading a capitalist restoration? That recently outlawed over 60, explicitly non- violent, social clubs , engaged in things no more threatening than the Falung Gong? (See book by long time lefty Danny Shecter on Falun Gong.)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi- bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/06/24/MN242361.DTL
> ..."Cool and Breezy Painting Society." This month, in a scarcely noticed
> move, China's Civil Affairs Ministry ordered the dissolution of 63
> private groups, most of them devoted to hobbies, intellectual pursuits
> and the arts. Many were national in scope and had held meetings,
> exhibitions or other events for years....
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi- bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/06/27/international0709EDT0541.DTL ("Chinese court upholds subversion sentences for leaders of labor protest.") http://tinyurl.com/flpg

Do you ever read any other left press, but, the RW?I read it, too, myself, actually found this http://www.rwor.org/a/1204/liespart3.htm a good roundup of the lies of Dubya and co.But, the rest of us here, read many, many other magazines and journals from the broad left, as well as mainstream publications.

This comrade http://rwor.org/about-e.htm is he one of the phony black bloc that Thomas and I saw trying to weasel into the anarchist contingents in one of the big anti-war marches in S.F.? Does the RCYB, like they did w/ a comrade of mine and me, after a showing of the Emile de Antonio documentary on the Weather Underground, at a Venice, CA. food co-op, from the mid-70's, still say, that if the conditions being of the weight and tragectory, dual power yada yada, as determined by Chairman Bob in France, advocate as a strategy, violent armed struggle led by a vanguard party with some type of magic, privileged epistemological key to unlocking the overdetermined, class and other contradictions, from their material and ideological moorings?

Why did the RCP, led by one of their cadre, Joe Urgo (see any of the books on VVAW, there are at least 4 I know of, by Gerald Nicosia [who a Spart, Bob Mandel, son of a longtime KPFA personality, with a quite different political past, thuggishly intimidated at a Mumia forum @ UCB a few yrs. ago), Andrew Hunt, for 2, split the Vietnam Veterans Against The War, with your VVAW-AI (for anti-imperialist)??? VVAW, yup, they were pro- imperialist, really.

How does your party defend solidarizing with the PCP aka Sandero Luminoso aka Shining Path (see, among many books, the Gustavo Gorrati study of the PCP translated by Duke Univ. Press, if memory serves, or another study by a NACLA contributor, "Shing And Other Paths.")that killed many members of the so-called "legal left" as well as lesbians in the 80's? Even hanging four legged dogs from lamposts? Those "revisionist lackeys" must have really been a counter-revoltionary force, eh?

Why is there a "communist" guerilla group in Nepal, opposed by several much larger Communist Parties (see the tables in Nico Biver's, "Leftist Parties of the World, " website), with representation in their parliament and in civil society?