[lbo-talk] Change [was: Kees van der Pijl]

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Jun 30 09:20:15 PDT 2003

From: Wojtek Sokolowski

CB: Did you get this idea from that scene in _2001 Space Odessey_ ? ( Which is exactly an ape pickng up a stick and rendering it as a weapon with a seeming implication of some big historical change ) . This would make us _homo bellicosus_ ? War is not politics by other violent means. War is the essential human activity.

WS: Charles - This was meant to be ironic - I thought the refernce to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" gave the clue.

^^^^^ CB: Yes, Wojtek, I know you are the list's H.L. Mencken , and so your posts are curmudgeon-filled, but did you get this particular image from the movie or invent it independently ?