huh?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Mar 1 15:55:17 PST 2003

There's an article in MoJones that I haven't read yet that reports interviews with all manner of oil-connected corporate, diplomatic, and political types (including people connected w/the infamous Carlyle Group) who say to a person that the war is nutso. They are dedicated to the status quo, incl Saddam.

Oil is a motive but it is held on the part of those who presently have no oil interests in the ME -- neocons, Zionists, and Christian fundamentalists.

that's the summary, possibly potted. The article should be up any time now. The author is Bob Dreyfuss.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 6:37 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: huh?

Luke Benjamin Weiger wrote:

>One might reasonably claim that US support for Israel (putting aside the
>question of whether or not that support is justified) is contrary to its
>interests in ensuring a continual, stable, and cheap supply of oil from
>the region. And, oh, I forgot: it also makes terrorists want to kill us.

Of course there's no evidence that anyone of significance in the U.S. security establishment over the last couple of decades believed this.

Doug