Richard Dawkins on Iraq and GWB

Luke Benjamin Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sat Mar 1 19:19:33 PST 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> there was clearly a difference, but on the war issue
> the advantage may not be Gore's. Who knows, with a
> Pres Gore maybe the UN would have been goosed into
> supporting the invasion.
>
> mbs

Yes, and perhaps the Tigers would've taken the 2001 AL pennant and squared off against the Cubs in the World Series. OK, that was stupid and unfair, but I don't see why we should think that Gore may've been worse on the war issue: Bush hinted at an invasion of Iraq during his campaign while Gore recently came out (in fairly unequivocal terms for a politician) against a war with Iraq.

-- Luke