Next

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Mar 3 06:22:57 PST 2003

If it's not too obvious, there is now a huge anti-war movement.

Although it pays to be optimistic -- to plan for the possibility of success, which means heading off the invasion -- one should also consider other contingencies.

What we do until the shooting starts is plain enough: more of the same.

But the next question is what to do after it starts, while fighting is going on.

And the question after that is what to do, supposing there is a cakewalk for the U.S. military, followed by a volatile Afghanistan-type situation.

I would pose the question as follows: is there any pertinent demand, other than US out, pull out, stand down, etc.

A few possibilities --

replace U.S. colonial administration with -- what?

ensure ownership of Iraqi resources remains w/the Iraqi people(s)

thin out or close down assorted U.S. military installations throughout the region

end US aid to Israel, pending dismantling of all settlements

mbs