Not in our name, ANSWER

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Mar 3 21:11:31 PST 2003

Mark Rickling wrote:
> During a segment on local anti-war protests, a DC Fox affiliate newscast
> last week informed me that ANSWER is also the group behind the
> anti-globalization demos in Washington. Funny, I don't remember ANSWER being
> in existence for April 16, 2000. Guess that must have been the IAC running
> the whole show :)

Right. ;-)

If folks remember, the IAC held a "political prisoners" march the night before A16, which got surrounded by the cops and ended up with 600 people being taken off the streets before A16 even happened.

I remember joking at the time that the IAC couldn't have organized that many arrests if they tried and of course, civil disobedience is anathema to the IAC and WWP.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips