The War Party's Fucked.

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 11:26:12 PST 2003

I have to second what Mark and Seth have said below. If they had wanted an exit strategy, Iraq's destruction of missiles would have been their best shot. Bush would get eaten alive by the right-wing of his party if he backed down now, wouldn't he?

However, I am trying to understand French/German position in all of this. If US gets in there and has some kind of control over Iraqi oil, won't the US have the EU by the balls? Wouldn't the European ruling classes be somehow better served if they went along with the war? Couldn't they bargain with US over their place in a post-war Iraq? Couldn't US get them on board by offering them some kind of deal on post-war Iraq? It seems to me that this way they are going to get left out in the cold. Of course, maybe it is too late for France, Germany et. al. to turn back. I would like to hear what lboers think about this.

-Thomas --- Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:
> There is no face-saving exit strategy. If the junta
> were to back off now it
> would suffer a catastrophic defeat, both at home and
> internationally. This,
> of course would be good thing, a very good thing,

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"