The War Party's Fucked

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 13:48:38 PST 2003

At the shop where i work, i foolishly bet everyone a few weeks ago that there would be no war. So now I seize on every piece by Wanniski, etc. arguing same. But today was the first day I actually thought it might be true.

I read on a blog somewhere that retired Gen. Anthony Zinni (who's against war) has been sent by Powell to negotiate "secretly" with Saddam's people in Athens. Probably not true, but who knows? Maybe Saddam will agree to free elections and permanent inspectors (sending Bush's ratings to 99%). Stranger things have happened.

Since God is a Republican, as I always say, he'll figure out a way to save George on this one.