MSNBC's Savage says it's 'illegal' to protest him

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Mar 6 03:59:14 PST 2003

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43013-2003Mar4.html

Michael Savage, the conservative radio host whose hiring by MSNBC has turned him into a national lightning rod, is threatening to lead a boycott against the "slimy, filthy groups" that oppose him.

Accusing them of "Nazism" and "economic terrorism," Savage has told listeners that "these brownshirt groups" live in "mud puddles" and that he may ask the Justice Department to investigate them.

[...] "You rats! You stinking rats who hide in the sewers! You think you can go after my income? You think you can kill my advertisers? You think I'm Dr. Laura? You think I'm gonna roll over . . . ? You're wrong. I'm going to find out where you get your money from. You live by handouts, all of you. You live off grants, all of you. You're a bunch of beggars, but you don't know how lucky you are. If you continue this, we're going to go after your funding sources. And we will do everything we can within the legal realm to cut off that funding! We are also going to go to the U.S. Justice Department under John Ashcroft! What you are doing is illegal!"

lp