fox etc

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 04:17:14 PST 2003

I've been watching fox, just because I can. I'm truly curious...

Is "The O'Reilly Factor" marketed in the states as current affairs or as tabloid? I know the line is blurry at times, but it's mostly visible in promos and ads -- how does that show fall? Fox is never marketed here, because it's payTV, part of the basic package, so I need some US feedback. The site didn't help.

Also, what is up with "Cheaters"? I just saw that for the first time, and frankly I'm kind of floored. It's like Cops without taste or discretion. I didn't even know that rung existed.

Last, spinning off the white trash thread in a way (and Kelley might be the best source for this, if she has time) -- anyone know anything worth reading on rural youth (or rural/regional, country, or country/coastal if you come from those parts of the world)? Especially girls, but I'll take what I can get. Any discipline, field, focus will be good for me (I'm becoming a methodological slut, and particularly turned on by geography right now).

Thanks,

Catherine

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/