fox etc

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 09:11:28 PST 2003

Quoting Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com>:

> >From: Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>
> >
> >I had several friends go on Morton Downey's show to debate this or that,
> >and
> >I couldn't understand it. They got nowhere. A few words in before Downey
> >began screaming and whipping up the audience. That's why, when I was
> >invited
> >on, I turned it down. Thinking back, though, I should have gone on as some
> >kind of character, fake moustache, thick glasses, etc., and spewed all
> >manner of demented things. That might have been fun.
>
> Yes, I gather that's Ali-G's shtick. Haven't actually seen him perform, but
>
> hope to soon -- sounds like very amusing satire.

There are minutes of Ali G that I get -- like declaring that Great Britain should be changed to Wicked Britain and that C.I.A. stands for the Federal Bureau of Investigation -- but most of it... not. The outfits are funnier than most of the lines.

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/